Thread: How do you do this? What program/skills are needed?

Default How do you do this? What program/skills are needed?

This looks AMAZING to me and it's the exact kind of thing that I'm into...how do I do this myself? And what software program did this person use?

Effects that simple can be done in any editor, Premiere, Vegas, Final Cut, etc.

If you want to get into more advance effects, Adobe After Effects is your best bet.

Whoever made this, probably used a simple editor. Nothing fancy.

-Mike

FWIW, I don't think it is that easy.
    I know only Vegas Studio 10 (slightly), and I guess I'd attempt Keyframing, to make sure the words (er, AND music?), were aligned corretly, but I'm not sure I can rotate the text, let alone get to grips with keyframing to the music track.

Perhaps someone here could try A TUTORIAL
    - using a simple song e.g. "Twinkle Twinkle..." ,( to maintain the "Star" theme...?)
    + A Vegas Studio tutorial on Keyframing would be VERY initeresting since getting the sound and vision aligned would be proof it was understood correctly.

BTW Vegas Studio 10 is 30 - about as close to a bargain for "serious software" as I recall. I doubt that "titling effect" can be achived in WMM, - but others here may know different... + It would help if you posted yr camera details and PC-spec, as HD-footage really needs a modern high-spec PC to get the results you'd like.
    Last edited by vidmanners; 07-31-2011 at 04:01 PM.

You could do it with Vegas Studio but you would have to have the horizontal and vertical text on different tracks. Just use the Pan/Crop tool to turn the horizontal text to vertical or any angle you want. It would be easier with Vegas Pro because it has ProType Titler. The usual tool used for this type of video is called After Effects you can do a lot more groovy things with the texts like swing it around in a virtual 3D space etc....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vidmanners View Post
    FWIW, I don't think it is that easy.
    It really is.
    The cheapest versionthough, with only 4 video tracks will effectively limit you to only four words on screen at a time, though more is possible with careful planning.
    I think Pro Type Titler would be overkill for this - it's more designed for moving text (ie letters following each other along a path). Here the basic text tool can be used for the text and track motion used for placement.
    Last edited by TimStannard; 07-31-2011 at 07:51 PM.
    Tim

Blog Entries

Here's a quick demo of what can be done in Vegas Movie Studio - even the cheapest version. Although I knocked this up in Pro (in a little under an hour - though I'd be quicker next time as I was learning as I went) I used:
    Only four video tracks (and one audio)
    Sony Text Media for the text
    Pan and Crop for the positioning.

NO Track motion
    NO Keyframes

Sorry, I would have done a tut, but it was clearly going to take me far too long to get to grips with CamStudio and zooming into appropriate places to make a readable version.

As anticipated, the biggest problem is if one wants more than four words on the screen at the same time (but appearing at different times). This requires careful planning and use of left or right justification for the text and hard left or right positioniong within the "Placement" tab.

Only other tools - Casio keyboard from the 1990s and a daughter from 2004.

Oh, and it also serves as a reminder never to use Comic Sans in videos!

If it might give a clue or two, here's what the timeline looks like:
    twinkle.jpg
    Last edited by TimStannard; 07-31-2011 at 11:09 PM.
    Tim

Your a start Tim.

Blog Entries

Blimey Tim, talk about making a point!