Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quiz Video of a Film Student

Smile Quiz Video of a Film Student

Hello!

Okay, I am not an expert but I love to create videos. Today I created my new real self-made video. It is a brand quiz. I personalize brands and you have to guess, which brand I am. Did you get curious? Then please watch my video on YouTube: I am happy to know what you think.

Cheers,
    Kattrina

Any suggestions?

Blog Entries

"Dance suck flop cough splat"
    Tim

Yessss, the right expressions. You just have to change them into brands

Blog Entries

The idea is good, and it almost works...

One has to be careful with irony (or "taking the p!ss" as it's known in the trade) What you're sort-of doing is making spoof ads. The ipod works, and then it goes a bit downhill. One major problem is that it's all about you. I'm not denying that you're easy on the eye but it's not called "The Kattrina Show". Or is it? It comes across as a vehicle to show off the comedienne, not as a quiz. It all seems a bit self-satisfied. Technically it's bad, very bad. This can be okay if it's meant to look "home made" but this is simply "home made", not the same thing at all.

Like I said, the idea is very good and I've not come across it quite like this before but it needs working-on.

I usually like a quiz. I like the idea you have and hope it gets you a job. Technically it needs to be brushed up.

I don't have a clue what the brand is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kattrina View Post
    Yessss, the right expressions. You just have to change them into brands
    Unclear. I thought this was all one brand.
    Tim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrandt Rob View Post
    The ipod works,
    Does it? Why does that say iPod and not Walkman or any personal music system. I thought the idea was to suggest a brand, not a technology.
    I understand little about advertising, but I imagine one of the biggest problems is to distinguish between one brand and another when what you're selling is a technology.

And another question - why are you Kattrina here and Ulrike on your YT channel. Who are the advertising agents meant to be giving a job to? Maybe you need to sort out your own brand
    Tim

Blog Entries

The first scene says ipod because it's a spoof of the ipod ad, consisting of a silhouette dancing in front of a coloured background.

I think...

Blog Entries

Thanks Ron. Interesting. A black silhouette of someone doing something against a single coloured background is immediately recognisable as being the Apple brand. There are many spoofs around that testify to this. The silhoutte/strong colour is a very strong image.

But to me Kattrina dancing in her bedroom is no more linked to the ipad dance than it is to (say) the guy who posts himself dancing all over the world, so nicely parodied by clay_9, or numerous YouTube self posts of teenage girls dancing in their bedrooms (...erm, so I'm led to believe), or even, stertching it a bit, the infamous Ricky Gervais dance. In fact if the guy who dances all over the world was a brand, my guess would have been that brand!
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast