Thread: Editing audio in video editing software, waveform visual problems

Default Editing audio in video editing software, waveform visual problems

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a video editing suite that allows me to do basic video editing with functions of cutting and trimming (nothing fancy), and a nice big waveform visual for the audio cutting.

On trying some trial versions, (Adobe Premier elements, Corel VideoStudio Pro X4, Pinnacle Studio HD, Nero VisionXtra),and trying out the audio editing, they can all separate the audio from the video but the waveform is too small and isn't useful enough.

My background is in audio editing so basically Logic Pro and Protools HD, and they both have parameters that you can set to enlarge the waveform visual on the interface to gigantic proportions allowing for precise cutting.

I guess my question is... is there any software out there that can help me out in that way? or am I missing something substantial which allows me to see these waveform visuals larger in the software i have trialled?

Cheers
    Ollie

I see you don't have Sony Vegas on your list. I know you can zoom in to see as much of the wave form as you need with it. I'm sure you can do the same with the others but I use Sony Vegas so can't tell you how it's done. In Vegas you can just turn the scroll wheel on the mouse to zoom in or out on the time line.

Thanks Midnight Blue,

I've since downloaded Sony Vegas Studio Platinum and it's perfect for what i need, and the zoom feature is excellent. Cheers!