Thread: smoothing out a video?

1. Default smoothing out a video?

Hello, I`m new here and new to video editing as well. Me and my friends do extreme sports and like to take footage of it. We`re kinda poor so we couln`t afford a GoPro or a Countur HD and we bought this random ebay HD action camera. I works rather well but in comparison to the Countur that we have borowed it leaves much to be desired. I think the main problem is the 30fps it records vs. the 60fps Countour records. Is there any software to kinda add frames and blend them together? Something that does it like Twixtor does for slow motion. Any other tricks or anything?
    Best regards.

If you're trying to slow down your footage, there are "frame blending" options in both Premiere Pro and Vegas. This will help smooth your footage some. The main thing to remember when shooting fast action footage, is high camera shutter speeds (i.e. 1/250, 1/500, 1/1000, etc). This will require a lot more light, but if you're outside in the daylight, you should be fine.

-Mike

3. Default

Hi, thank you for answering. What I`m trying to do is to make shots at normal speed appear smoother as if it was shot with a 60p camera instead of 30p camera.
    Best regards.

Can the camera shoot in 30i? Interlaced frames gives a smoother look.

Well, you may be able to add some sort of ghosting filter to your current footage. You might be able to create something similar to 60p.

Also, you can give frame blender in AE a shot.

-Mike

5. Default

well the camera doesn`t have much settings, just resolution...it`s a helmet cam.
    Will try ghosting filter and frame blender. AE does stand for after effects right?
    Best regards.