Thread: Vegas 10 producing multiple files on digitisation

Default Vegas 10 producing multiple files on digitisation

Have used Vegas 10 for a while - digitising from Sony A-1E camcorder. Until now I have been able to digistise the whole tape as one file (typically 10GB) or digitisie into the scenes using "Scene detection". For some reasons the tapes are now being digitisied in a whole series of small files - varying between 1.2GB to as little a 300mb. Last tape produced 40 clips! Happens on two separate cameras-I am sure I must have a settng wrong somewhere. Can anyone help? Thx

Blog Entries

Are these little clips all parts of the same original shot (ie you didn't press pause whilst recording)? If so, there may be a problem with the timecode stamping on your camera. (Vegas uses the timecode to distinguish between different clips, not the actual image like some capture software does)

EDIT: Just a thoought, if you camera is set to PAL (25fps) and the software to NTSC (24.79fps) this might cause a timecode misalignment? Just guessing.
    Tim

Thanks Tim - just a bit strange that the problem should have arisen on two separate cameras at the same time.....and I must confess I didn't know you set Vegas to any specific PAL or NTSC setting on capture....doesn't appear on the capture menu in Vegas....on rendering of course. Yes - they are all part of around 4 or 5 original shots....we just let the camera run when we shoot our scenes and let the editor remove the iffy bits!

Any ideas welcome - I guess my editor can live with so many clips but it is tedious!!

Any more thoughts would be very much appreciated - including where we might look if the NTSC/PAL or timecode settings could be wrongly set...thnaks to all

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rockchar View Post
    and I must confess I didn't know you set Vegas to any specific PAL or NTSC setting on capture....doesn't appear on the capture menu in Vegas
    And indeed it doesn't appear you can. You can set the frame rate for conversion when capturing analogue. My bad. Still I did say it was only a guess. Sorry for leading you up the garden path.
    Tim

Thx Tim - worth a try - I think it must be a Vegas setting somewhere - but I think I've looked at the obvious....