Thread: Our first video

Default Our first video

This is our first video.
    If you guys can leave comments and suggestions on how to improve it will be appreciated.

Blog Entries

Without wishing to come across too harshly, it's not really a film, is it? Even if this had been shot, acted, edited and had FX added by the best the world can provide it would be ... well, just people shooting each other. And because there is no story I don't give a monkey's who wins. Just the fact you can do it, is not enough to engage an audiece.
    Tim

The main point of the video is so we can get familiar with the program and so we could learn to put a sequence together. Thanks for the feedback anyhow.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kardamilacrew View Post
    The main point of the video is so we can get familiar with the program and so we could learn to put a sequence together. Thanks for the feedback anyhow.
    OK. Thanks for clarifying. So it's a test piece. You'd be surprised how many people get so involved in one aspect or another that they forget the main pint of a video is to inform, entertain or educate.
    So let's start with the first edit: Nice angle on the first shot, but you could do with a more "lead room" (the space in front of a moving character). In fact I thought you were going to let the character move out of the frame - and there would have been nothing wrong with that - except you then followed the charater with the camera movement.
    The second shot was quite a good contrast to the first, being wider (in fact it could do with being much wider, giving us an "establishing shot" which might give us some idea of the geography - a wide establishing shot is usually the opener, but following the door exit is an interesting alternative)

BUT in the first shot he clearly walks down the stairs and in the second he begins his descent again. There's also a big difference between the hard lighting and shadow across his body when he exits the porch which doesn't occur in the second.

Hope that helps as a starter.
    Tim

I second most of the above Tim...Ease up on the sound too. Underplayed sound works better than when it's overloud and distracting...I hate seagulls
    http://www.soundzshop.com
    A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

http://www.soundclick.com/solway