Thread: Copying transitions effects between projects

Default Copying transitions effects between projects

I have been trying to find an answer to this for a few hours reading posts and the help file but the solution evades me still. I am a new user of VMS HD 10. I have a stack of home movies to edit and have completed the first one. In the process I created some generated media for the titles and various pieces of text that push in and out in concert with a gradient background cropped to fit just around the text as it pushes in and out. I am starting the second movie but can't for the life of me figure out how to copy these clips I created to the new project. Within the same project I can just copy and paste them and then change the text as needed. However, it seems to clear the clipboard when I load a new project so I can't copy and paste between projects. I tried saving the generated media files as presets but while this works for fonts, placement and size of text, I lose the durations, fades and effects. Also the gradient media loses its position and cropping as well. I could just recreate these things from scratch for each project but I am sure there is a quicker way.

Thanks for your help.

This may be a rubbish way of doing it but here goes. You open the project that has the effect you want. Delete all the "stuff" on the timeline, except the bits you want for the new project. Then save the project as the new project. It may not be the best way but it's one way.

Thumbs up

Midnight Blue,

Thanks for the suggestion. That will certainly work well enough. I had gone back in and messed around and found where I could go in and save templates for most features, but your way will be a bit quicker. Don't know why I didn't think of it. Thanks again.

Open a 2nd copy of Vegas. Copy the bits you want from the first copy, paste into the new one.

I didn't realise I could run 2 sessions simultaneously. That works even better. Thank you!