Thread: Videomate C500

Default Videomate C500

Hi Guys,
    I am new to video editing and struggling, any help will be welcome.
    I am running windows 7, with a videomate capture card with fire wire, Ulead Videostudio 11. video on tape on a JVC mini dv, and on a Sony handycam digital 8.
    I appreciate that this is not a top of the range outfit but it is what I can afford and should be basically useable, hopefully appropriate to some one like me. I am trying to capture and I am getting a message
    [cannot start the capture graph] it means nothing to me, and I don't find it in the help files.
    Anyone out there able to coach, mentor or help or advise me please? I would be greatful
    Thanks Guys
    Snapper2

Thanks to all you guys that read the message. I realise that at that level it was probably not in the realms of the collective experience. problem solved anyway, card returned to supplier and replaced. firewire obtained and no further instances...except...wait for it...its a good one...when the source is not plugged in!
    Also upgraded to Pinnacle 12.

Blog Entries

Sorry, I'm failing to understand your problem. From what I can piece together from your post you are suggesting that Pinnacle 12 cannot capture from your camera via your firewire card when your camera is not plugged in?
    Tim

Default problem

The problem was associated with the video card and an error message which I did not understand. There was no response to the original posting, and I have now posted an update simply to close off the question and although the members of this forum are unlikely to be as stupid as to make the mistake I made, the tale maay give someone a smile!
    Tim you summed it up most sucsinctly, the card, regardless of software was unable to capture the video when the source is not connected.

The forum is most helpful and informative and can hopefully cope with a contributor making an ass of himself.
    Snapper 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by snapper2 View Post
    the members of this forum are unlikely to be as stupid as to make the mistake I made
    I think you underestimate us!
    Tim

Default Training

You mean we have all had the same training! You are all as capable as me?
    Wow!
    And I thought I was in the company of the elite in the world of video.

A student at the feet of the gods!