Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Short Comedy Sketch

1. Default A Short Comedy Sketch

Hey guys. We just put together this video with my younger cousin. It was fun making it and Im looking for your opinion on it!

It was filmed on a very tight schedule (about an hour). And i know which aspects i wish we'd done better. But I'm interested what you think!

Thanks,
    L u k e

Great, the young cousin is a real star, well done on discovering him!

Blog Entries

I really enjoyed this. And I agree with Stephan abouut young cousin.
    Tim

4. Default

Haha i quite agree with both of you about him! He makes use look like even worse actors But any comments on the quality or any aspect of the video?

yep the kids definitely the star of the show here !

what did you use for the lens flair FX ?

Quote Originally Posted by sleightlyprismatic View Post
    ) But any comments on the quality or any aspect of the video?
    at the beginning the kid appears to be looking downwards when he speaks to you but when we see the other two guys they are looking down at the kid !

what did you use for the lens flair effect ?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    at the beginning the kid appears to be looking downwards when he speaks to you but when we see the other two guys they are looking down at the kid !
    I dont quite understand.. Are you talking about a mistake in the continuity of the video? Or just something you laughed at?

We used "Magic Bullet Looks" for the lens flare. They have a preset which turns hotspots into those cool, music video like, flares.

Quote Originally Posted by sleightlyprismatic View Post
    I dont quite understand.. Are you talking about a mistake in the continuity of the video? Or just something you laughed at?

We used "Magic Bullet Looks" for the lens flare. They have a preset which turns hotspots into those cool, music video like, flares.
    in continuity. At .31and 41 for example the kid appears to be talking to the other two guys from above- looking down at them. but at .38
    the other two guys eye line suggest they are on the same level as number 1 kid.
    in general, continuity is very good especialy the "fight" scene.

what's the name of the lens flair in MB looks ? cant seem to find it !

cheers

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    in continuity. At .31and 41 for example the kid appears to be talking to the other two guys from above- looking down at them. but at .38
    the other two guys eye line suggest they are on the same level as number 1 kid.
    in general, continuity is very good especialy the "fight" scene.

what's the name of the lens flair in MB looks ? cant seem to find it !

cheers
    Ah i see.. I believe he was just looking at the ground in anger. but it does look like he's standing on a stack of phonebooks or something.

The lens flare is called an "Anamorphic Flare". Its in the "tools" bar on the right.

10. Default

Really enjoyed it. Felt like may be it dragged on for 20 seconds too long though. The kid's acting absolutely made the video. Great comedic timing at the very end.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast