Thread: I wish to do something like this.

Default I wish to do something like this.

RWJ Skip to 4:40 in the video (Zombie comes out and get's mowed down).
    Seems simple but can i do something like that on Vegas? How can i insert an animation or a trimmed image on top of the video. In my case i want to use the image of Kennedy i photoshoped ( ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting ) by taking out Kennedy from the white background and inserting him into a video, maybe having a muzzle flash effect added on to the gun during the video. I would really appreciate if anyone could tell me if it's possible to do this on Vegas and how. If not, maybe recommend a software that can do it.
    Last edited by Alienator; 07-03-2011 at 05:53 PM.

Asheville, NC USA

Yes, I'm sure it can be done in Vegas. However I use Premiere Pro.

For something that simple, Premiere or Vegas would manage enough. But if you're planning on doing a lot of effects like this down the road, you'll want to look into After Effects.

Let me know if you have more questions.

The easiest way to do it in Vegas is to first create your image with a transparent background in Photoshop. Then Bring it into the Vegas time line and place it on a track above the original video track. Then using the Pan/crop tool move the image as needed. You could also use the track motion tool if you prefer. For the mussel flash add another track on top of the existing ones and place the flash on this track. Now position it using track motion or the pan/crop tool.

Vegas has some good interactive tutorials built into the program to help you learn these tool.

London, England

I think it's a bit unpleasant.
    Is the subject old enough/able to give their permission for this foolery?

Grab your camera and get to it, fella. That doesn't get done overnight.
    Last edited by VidFace; 07-12-2011 at 02:02 PM.