Thread: Don't you just envy...

Blog Entries

Default Don't you just envy...

Don't you just envy those that make you go: "wow"

Both skater and videographer are very skilled.

How the hell did he do the over head tracking shot at 3:10. GoPro on a stick ?

You are spending to much time on vimeo Marc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    Don't you just envy those that make you go: "wow"
    I must be a real grumpy old man. This doesn't make me go wow. It makes me think how much time and energy the guy could have put into something useful if he hadn't spent it learning to do that. And I hate myself for thinking that! I suppose some people find it entertaining but even if he does it for his own love the that should be enough. And I'm a hypocrite - I put time and effort into making videos whucgh are never going to be seen by more than a handful of people (although one or two do, I suppose, document small parts of life in my part of England in the early 21st century).

Perhaps a byproduct of the internet is we see so many skilful feats that they cease to be as impressive as they might have been. Perhaps we (I) suffer from "impressiveness fatigue".

However all was not lost. I was really impressed with the shot 2.55-3.15.
    Tim

However all was not lost. I was really impressed with the shot 2.55-3.15.
    GoPro on a stick ?

Blog Entries

I really, really didn't want to like this. I hate "Hip Hop" music, especially ballads, I hate inline skaters, skateboarders and BMX bikers in cities and I detest good-looking people who are "cool".

However, I think this is a gem and, in future, whenever a skateboard/BMX/inline video comes onto this site where the maker insists it's "awesome" I shall simply link to this vid with the comment "No, THIS is awesome".

Thanks for sharing the video, Marc. I didn't quite go wow, but I enjoyed both the skaters and videographers skill.