Thread: Embed A Timer/Stopwatch Into A Video Stream ?

1. Default Embed A Timer/Stopwatch Into A Video Stream ?

Would anyone please be able to assist me with some information as to the possibility of embedding a timer or stopwatch functionality into a video stream? Is this possible, and if so what software would I need to do this?

What I would like to achieve is to be able to edit the video stream and have the timer placed in the stream at a specific point with time 0.00 then as the video stream plays the timer runs automatically and if I freeze the video stream at any point then I can see the evolved time to that point. If possible I need the timer to be accurate to one hundredth of a second. The timer would need to be permanently in the video so that if i sent the file to a colleague they would be able to see it without having to edit the video stream.

I am not sure if it is possible, however, if it is possible I would be grateful for any help with it. I hope to use it to time horse racing video streams so that I can time the horses to specific points in the races.

wet bimbette

Asheville, NC USA

You can stamp timecode using either Adobe Premiere Pro or Adobe After Effects.

You add it to your video clip as a video filter. You can also modify the time settings to customize the type of counter.

You can also do this with Sony Vegas.