Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to Sony Vegas Pro 10

Default New to Sony Vegas Pro 10

Firstly, hello, I googled for some forums on sony vegas, and found these which seem pretty active so I was pretty happy so seek assistance.

Now, there's a couple things I want to learn how to do.

I. How do I add a picture and/or text within a video? Like have a clip playing while the text or image appears.

That's all, Thanks

Blog Entries

Do you mean text or a graphic appearing over the top of a video clip - with some sort of transparency, or something else?
    If so, look under Help| Interactive Tutorials - Text and Backdrop Tutorials: How to add a title.
    Adding an image is the same - just substitute your image (created with transparency) for the text media.

You really ought to work through these tutorials - they're a very good intro to the basics, such as this.
    Tim

Yeah exactly like that, Sorry for not going to Tutorial at first. I have always thought that those only provide pretty obvious info.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Icey97 View Post
    Yeah exactly like that, Sorry for not going to Tutorial at first. I have always thought that those only provide pretty obvious info.
    They do. At least it's obvious once you know the product
    Tim

Hey, I was reading tutorials, and I couldn't seem to understand how to do this :

How can I like for "X" amount of seconds zoom into a certain area of the screen?

I used Vegas 10 to make this

[Removed: Please don't duplicate post]

Ps. Use the pan and crop feature! Its ur friend!
    Last edited by TimStannard; 07-01-2011 at 04:37 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Icey97 View Post
    Hey, I was reading tutorials, and I couldn't seem to understand how to do this :

How can I like for "X" amount of seconds zoom into a certain area of the screen?
    You can do this with track motion or Pan and Crop.

Interactive Tutorials | How to Crop, Scale and Rotate Video. Then read up on keyframes in help.

Generally Pan and Crop is preferred to Track Motion for zooming:

Tim

Thanks guys, coming from Camtasia, I wanted to have some of those features. But this sony vegas is waaaaay better than camtasia.

Now, another question that I have is. Does sony vegas seperate commentary and game audio? Like for example I used Fraps to record a game. The game had game audio, and I did commentary while recording. Can I separate the two to lower the game audio and increase my commentary?

edit: Hey I 'm using the trial of sony vegas pro 10 now, and my friend says he can sell me his pro 9 for like $30, should I take it? Are there that many differences between 9 and 10?
    Last edited by Icey97; 07-01-2011 at 07:38 PM.

Blog Entries

To question 1. If your game commentary and the game audio are recorded on the same audio track, then you cannot separate them. In any software. (caveat. If the commentary is recorded dead centre and the game audio is not, some "kareoke" software might just remove the commentary for you). You're far better off recording the game play and audio then dubbing the commentary afterwards.

As for question 2. Any differences you find between Pro9 and Pro10, you're not likely to need until you've progressed far enough by which time v11 will be out. And, if the past is any indication, the upgrade cost is the same from any previous Vegas (Pro) version.
    One thing to watch: If he has already upgraded using the serial number for his Pro 9 to Pro 10, whilst you can legintimately buy and register his Pro 9, you cannot upgrade it (he's already used the upgrade rights.

However 30 dolllars is a steal.

Assuming you don't have upgrade rights, when you come to buy, the next version, buy an "older" version (ie not current) of Movie Studio, register than, then upgrade to Pro. this works out significantly cheaper than buying Pro outright.
    Tim

10. Default

Ok, I learned how to Zoom and Pan pretty nice but I have a question. Here's what I wanted to do.

I wanted to zoom from say 10-20 seconds in a video and at 20 seconds restore to the normal video not zoomed. For me to do this, I had to copy and paste 10 times between 10 and 20 frames. Is that how you do it? Because if i do I start at 10 and end at 20, what will happen is it slowly zooms out from 10-20 I don't want that I want it to stay zoomed in for a given time. But the only way I found to do that was the copy and pasting frames. Is there anything to make this easier?
    Last edited by Icey97; 07-02-2011 at 08:26 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast