Thread: **Urgent** help needed! :(

Default **Urgent** help needed! :(

Hi there. Okay I'll try and keep this short. The school where I work purchased a VAIO laptop video editing system which came bundled with FAST purple.field and a Sony DSR-11 tape deck. The software itself comes with it's own PCMCIA cards - one is a copy protection device, the other is a IEEE 1394 to CardBus card. The lead going from the 1394/Cardbus adapter became faulty and we now think a short may have developed which fried the iLink port on the DSR-11. Sooo we've ordered another DSR-11 BUT...it's going to be useless unless I can find another 1394 to CardBus lead! The port on the actual FAST card appears to be "notched" or "keyed" so the only lead that can be used with it is the one that came with the software. FAST, who make the software have been bought by Pinnacle and dya think I've been able to get through to ANYONE who can get me a replacement lead? :(!!!

Sorry it's a bit of a long question but basically I need to somehow acquire another lead otherwise this 975 DSR-11 is basically wasted money. Any info, any site that continues to offer support for FAST software, would be sooo great.

Thanks,

- Paul

Blog Entries

It might be worth simply buying a new PCMCIA card if the connection isn't generic. This should work with the software.

Yeah see the trouble is, we bought another 1394 PCMCIA card, at the cost of around 60, which comes with its own cable, but the purple.field editing software reports a "hardware failiure" if you use any other card than the one that came with it :(

Which is not good.