Thread: Panasonic HD Writer AE - The supported contents could not be found

Default Panasonic HD Writer AE - The supported contents could not be found

Hi,
    I am a complete beginner with video editing, and am having problems importing my videos off my Panasonic HDC-SD60 Camera in to the provided HD Writer AE software.
    Initially I could copy videos in to the software of my SD card with no problems, but now I keep getting the message The supported contents could not be found when trying to import videos. Another SD card I am using continues to work with no problems.
    The problem seems to have started after I deleted some unwanted videos off the SD card to free up space but I have no idea why it should cause this issue!
    I can still access the video files by opening the SD card through My Computer and just manually coping the files, but due to the format of the files (AVCHD) I am only able to get part of the video since it is separated over four files.
    Any suggestions on how to fix this problem (in simple terminology) would be greatly appreciated! Either by fixing the issues with the HD Writer software, or providing an alternative mechanism for importing the files on to my computer.

Thanks

Blog Entries

I really wouldn't bother with the bundled software. You don't mention whether you are working on a Windows PC or Mac, but basically you want to use another program - any other program which deals with AVCHD.
    Tim

Thanks for your reply I am using a Windows PC (with Vista). As I said, Im a complete beginner, so could you suggest another program I could use to download my video files?
    Cheers

Blog Entries

OK,

Windows Live Movie Maker only appears to support AVCHD in its Windows 7 version. There are other freebies available, but I've no experience so cannot recommend or otherwise.

Sony Vegas Movie Studio has a 30 day free trial, which should give you time to work out whether you can get on with it. (It handles AVCHD).
    Adobe Premiere Elements has, I think, a similar deal.
    Serif Movie Plus supports the format, but doesn't appear to have a free trial.

Otheres are available, but I can't comment on their usefulness.

Expect to pay 40-80 for a "consumer" video editing package.
    Tim

Thanks again for the suggestions – I’ll look in to it!
    Is it possible to convert my files into a more useable format (e.g. not AVCHD)?

Blog Entries

Indeed it is. Try "Super" which is free, but takes a bit of finding (nearly all the links try to get you to pay for something).
    Tim

Ok - thanks for your help!