Thread: City - Experimental Video

1. Default City - Experimental Video

Hope you like it.
    Last edited by AWEPictures; 06-26-2011 at 10:20 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AWEPictures View Post

Hope you like it.
    I did. Very much.
    Tim

Me to, Did you do the pans in camera or in post they are very smooth.

It's nice and kept me watching but I'd really have liked to see some slowmo (I know you can do 50fps on a 550D) and maybe some time lapse if you have the capacity. Also a transition from day to evening to night might have helped the flow and may be a few closups or shots of landmarks (other than the bridge) that makes that city unique otherwise it the city is left quite faceless.

Hope that doesn't seem to harsh because it is otherwise a very good film. I watched at least 3 times!

5. Default

Thank so much for your comments, I really mean it.

The pans were done in post, that's really the trick to give them such a smooth touch.

About the slowmotion, I agree with you, it would certainly improve the video, which makes me wonder why we didn't do one. The bridge really stands out in the landscape, but again, I understand what you're saying. The problem is that we were moving from one place to another on bicycles. I isn't an excuse, but it sure made us want to stay in one good spot, good enough to record some great pictures.

really nice work, and again reminded me of a long lost member of this forum, the only thing I thought needs to go is that black title start

my thought are the first 10 seconds of a online video are the most important, and it could have been totally different if the action starts hard up the front
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leokimvideo

Wow, I really enjoyed that video.
    The quality was fantastic and the way it was shot and edited together was very nice.

Excellent work!

One or two tweaks... your lens flare on your opening shot was a little overpowering and it took my eyes off the beautiful city. I'm assuming you enhanced it. If so, you should try making it more subtle.

Also your daytime shots were composed well, however the depth of field was very wide. It would have been nice to see some narrow depth shots during the day. I'm sure you were cranking your aperture down because of the bright day light. But as you may know... you can always throw on some ND filters on or crank up your shutter speed so that you can open up your aperture to create some nice depth. Also, if you have a long zoom lens, this would really do well when you have a lot of moving material over near and far distances... like the crowd of people walking in the streets. The long zoom lens would flatten all of the movement and then you can rack focus from near to far and create some nice depth.

But I was thrilled that you didn't drown us with narrow depth shots like most people do when they just get their new DSLRs.

Keep it up!

-Mike

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MikeGJr View Post
    But I was thrilled that you didn't drown us with narrow depth shots like most people do when they just get their new DSLRs.
    Thank you, thank you! I now feel vindicated!
    Tim

10. Default

Thanks again for all the nice comments and suggestions.