Thread: DVD sticking

Default DVD sticking

I have been struggling with this for a week now - please help!

Although when I play the completed DVD on my computer, and there is no problem, when I play it in a DVD it keeps sticking and then recovering.

I assumed it was the DVD player, so I borrowed a friends, but it is still doing it.

Could it be any settings in either Vegas Pro (9), or DVD Architect Pro 5, or is it something else?

I have tried burning the DVD from the standard way in Architect as well as outputting a ISO file and burning the DVD usung Roxio Media Creator...

I would be grateful for any help!

My PC is a Sony VAIO and it has 4GB RAM

I have noticed that when I prepare to burn the image file on Architect, it shows the drive as a DVD+R but I am burning the image file to DVD-R. Don't know if that is significant?

Have a look to see what type of DVD disks you have. They should say -R on them if you ar trying to write -R if they say +R on them that could be your problem.

If it's not that, it's unlikly to be a software issue it's more likly to be a half good burn or half bad disk or a combination of the two.

Default DVD sticking

Thanks very much for your help. The DVDs are DVD-R but when I go to burn with DVD Architect is says that the media (presumably the drive) is DVD+R.

Could this be to do with it do you think? Is there a way to change it - or is that implying that the drive is DVD+R. If this is the case, should I burn on DVD+R discs?

Sorry, but I do not understand this techie stuff

This is going over my head now, as I thought most disks would burn -R or +R depending on the type of disk put into it.

Thanks for your reply. Resorted to digging my old Dell out of garage (the one I always used before) and it worked! No Sticking.

Differences: Both are PCs, 4gb ram, but new Vaio is 64 bit whereas Dell is 32 bit - dont know if that is what causes prob. Also on when burning to DVD using DVD Architect Pro, on old Dell it said media used: DVD-R whereas on new VAIO it said DVD+R.

Looks like I wasted 1000! Not happy!