Thread: DVD sticking

Default DVD sticking

I have been struggling with this for a week now - please help!

Although when I play the completed DVD on my computer, and there is no problem, when I play it in a DVD it keeps sticking and then recovering.

I assumed it was the DVD player, so I borrowed a friends, but it is still doing it.

Could it be any settings in either Vegas Pro (9), or DVD Architect Pro 5, or is it something else?

I have tried burning the DVD from the standard way in Architect as well as outputting a ISO file and burning the DVD usung Roxio Media Creator...

I would be grateful for any help!

My PC is a Sony VAIO and it has 4GB RAM

I have noticed that when I prepare to burn the image file on Architect, it shows the drive as a DVD+R but I am burning the image file to DVD-R. Don't know if that is significant?

San Diego, Ca, USA

What do you mean by sticking?

Nelson, New Zealand

Check the DVD with Nero CD-DVD speed or some other program that will tell you if there are any problems with the DVD media.
    I prefer DVD-R so can't see that will be your problem, it's more likely the quality of the DVD or fingermarks.

London, England

The +R, -R may be the clue - have you tried the other sort?

Someone is bound to have one spare and that would rule out that possibility - - - otherwise it's possible you have a batch problem - DVD's are so reliable we think they are perfect, but every-so-often a rogue must get though and then how would you know?

I imagine you have handled the DVD correctly, etc.

That they play on the PC rather says there is nothing wrong with the DVD - the recording is OK as far as it goes, but some DVD players can be sniffy - my own PVR only accepts +R , yet looking at the discs they are all much the same....

I too don't understand yr term "sticking" 0- but presume you don't want it to - - - could this be what I'd call Freezing, as in freeze-frame?
    Last edited by vidmanners; 07-06-2011 at 01:39 PM.