Thread: Logo sequence

Default Logo sequence

Hi all,

Im looking to create a logo sequence at the start of my video that introduces my company. I didnt just want to place the company logo on it as a jpg i wanted more of a video and different aspects of the logo flying in from different angles and then creating the logo. The best way to explain is something along the lines of the opening of this video

Can you see the companies name at the start and zooming in and out? I wanted to know if any one could point me in the direction of a tutorial of how to do such videos? My logo is 3 seperate swirls that when placed together form a circle - i wanted to have each swirl fly in at different times so when the final piece comes in it'll be the logo.

Just to help also im using Vegas Platinum 10 Suite

I would really appreciate it if some one could help me.

Many thanks
    Smudger
    Last edited by 5mudg3; 06-23-2011 at 03:34 PM.

Blog Entries

I hope you aspire to something rather better than that example if you're producing corporate videos as your introduction post suggests! ***

As for your question, Vegas Movie Studio is ideal for this task.
    First you need to create your three separate images in a graphics package and make sure they have a transparent background (jpgs dont allow transparency, so you'll need something like png). If you can't do this, all is not lost, just make sure they have a background which is a solid colour which does not appear in the logo.

Now place these images on three separate tracks in VMS. Right click the events and select "Straight (unmatted)" to allow the transparency to work. (If you used color you'll need to add a chroma key FX to each event instead)

Now use "Track Motion" (it's an icom in the track header) to move the three images around and "keyframes" to show where each part should be at any give point in time.

It's much easier to do than to try to explain in a few words. Unfortunately I don't have VMS o this PC so I can't knock up a quick demo. Maybe later.

Hope this at least gives you a pointer.

EDIT: *** Ahhh. I see they only edit what they're provded with. Remark withdrawn to some extent - though the editing wasn't exactly great.
    Last edited by TimStannard; 06-23-2011 at 05:32 PM.
    Tim

Many thanks for your reply, its greatly appreciated.

So ive had a play with the track motion but its coming out really rubbish to be honest. I want the logo's to fly in from different directions but they're coming in really jittery and slow. Im lost.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 5mudg3 View Post
    So ive had a play with the track motion but its coming out really rubbish to be honest. I want the logo's to fly in from different directions but they're coming in really jittery and slow. Im lost.
    If they're slow, you simply adjust the speed (move the keyframes closer to each other). When you say they're jittery, is this on the preview screen (where they will be - especially on a lower powered PC) or oncce rendered (where it should be fine?)
    Tim

Well jittery - i really mean fly in a weird direction and not smooth. Im guessing its cause it hasnt been rendered.

Blog Entries

Here's a quickie I knocked up. It's using Text Media rather than imported graphics, and is in Vegas Pro 10 rather than Movie Studio, but the principle (and capability) is the same.

Are you saying you can't achieve this?

And, as much for my own interest as anything, here's one I created using three graphics (png)
    Is this not what you're after?

Last edited by TimStannard; 06-30-2011 at 11:16 PM.
    Tim

Hi Tim thats fantastic work thank you so much, how does the original video get depth of field?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 5mudg3 View Post
    Hi Tim thats fantastic work thank you so much, how does the original video get depth of field?
    I'd do it using 3D Source Alpha in Track Motion in Vegas Pro, but I don't think this is available in Movie Studio (it's one of the things which makes it worth paying 10x as much for Pro!). To check. open up Track Motion and towards the top left there's a drop down which says "Source Alpha". If you have the option 3D Source Alpha, select that and you can now move the tracks in a 3D space.
    However, if you don't have that (as I suspect), you'll need to use a combination of the technique above (normal "2D" track motion) and the Sony "Deform" effect on the clip. It will take a bit of practice but it can be done.
    Tim