Thread: The Attic - Official Trailer

1. Post The Attic - Official Trailer

I'm looking for any type of feedback! Good, bad or ugly! Just tell me your honest opinions and I'll take them all into consideration.

The Attic - Official Trailer

"The Attic" isn't actually intended to become a feature length film. We just made the trailer as a stand alone video.

If you're wondering, it's supposed to be tongue in cheek about stereotypical horror films (Haunted Houses, surprisingly located young children etc) But not really a comedy that you laugh at.

Hope you enjoy!!
    Sleightlyprismatic

I think this is the best thing I've seen you lads do.

Well done.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Seconded and then some. This was fantastic. Great colour, great atmosphere, great editing.

My only criticism is this idea which is seems to be growing in popularity of making a trailer for a film which will never exist (and this is too long/gives away too much for a trailer). I blame media studies/media production courses for this as they seem to demand it. Why can't they say make a short film? I see no reason why you shouldn't have made a complete short film using the ideas and skills you have developed and used to make this. In this day and age, with the audience quite used to edits with fast custs and frequent jumps in time and location, there is no reason at all why you shouldn't tell the whole story in exactly the same way as you have made this "trailer". As I hope you can tell, I'm not having apop at you, just the trend. (And why not? I had a pop at the overuse of focus pulling and very narrow depth of field and that seems to have subsided a little since)
    Tim

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post

Well done.
    Thanks! We definitely had a good time filming this. And im very happy with the final product

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Seconded and then some. This was fantastic. Great colour, great atmosphere, great editing.

My only criticism is this idea which is seems to be growing in popularity of making a trailer for a film which will never exist (and this is too long/gives away too much for a trailer). I blame media studies/media production courses for this as they seem to demand it. Why can't they say make a short film? I see no reason why you shouldn't have made a complete short film using the ideas and skills you have developed and used to make this. In this day and age, with the audience quite used to edits with fast custs and frequent jumps in time and location, there is no reason at all why you shouldn't tell the whole story in exactly the same way as you have made this "trailer". As I hope you can tell, I'm not having apop at you, just the trend. (And why not? I had a pop at the overuse of focus pulling and very narrow depth of field and that seems to have subsided a little since)
    Thanks Tim! I'm glad you liked it! I know that we put alot of time into this project.

To be honest, i have no idea exactly why we chose to make this a trailer instead of a short film. I guess we just wanted to get away with minimal dialogue and, what we thought, was a fairly weak plot.
    Although, after hearing your point of view, im questioning our thought process.

Thanks for your feedback!
    Luke