Thread: does this website exist??

Default does this website exist??

there's oodles of information out on the web re: shooting and editing techniques.
    However, they all focus on specific things such as "if you want to make this special effect with this software - here is a step by step process to do it".

I'm yet to find a site that focusses on more big picture issues, because let's face it, that most videos (well most that I will be doing) are going to have minimal special effects stuff and the make or break is more to do with things like the pace of the video and how it all fits together.

So, what I'm saying is does someone know of any website(s) out there which have tutorials that break down the style of shooting and editing involved in certain genres, and the general elements that are included for a good video in that particular genre, and how to plan a video and bring it all together for that particular genre.

The main reason I ask all of this is that I believe that I have fairly good technical skills and am fairly good at editing sports videos and wedding videos (after working as an editor for nearly 2 years). However, probably a lot of the knowledge that I have in those two genres has been gained because I have worked for 2 years under the wing of 2 guys with a lot of experience in those fields. However, I want to start branching out into other genres initially for my own interest - and it will be much easier if I can get some initial pointers by reading through some websites or something than slowly working it out for myself.
    The saying \"always back up your work\" applies to video aswell!!

My latest search revealed a book on Amazon that seems to have a couple of chapters covering what I'm talking about.

If you don't understand me, read the following review. I'm after the stuff that seems to be in chapters 3,4 and 5 of this book. I guess if I can't find anything on the net, I could buy this book!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...779927-7957462
    The saying \"always back up your work\" applies to video aswell!!

I don't know of a website for that specific need but it sounds like you need to have a read of this book.

http://tinyurl.com/3q5sh

(Link is safe - just a short hand to amazon.com)