Thread: Whats the best camcorder for my budget is it worth just getting a dslr?

Default Whats the best camcorder for my budget is it worth just getting a dslr?

Hi

I am creating a wild life portfolio and i also love filming documentary's and extreme sports. I had been using my college's Sony camera's which were mind blowing. now i need a camera for myself as i am not their anymore. I have got a budget of 2 grand i have looked endlessly at camcorders an dslr's and its just impossible to know what to go for on my budget. I am looking for full 1080p an changeable lenses and mic input. I know there is not much in the way of camcorders that do this in my budget apart from the sony vg10 which does not seem that good for its price is like a nex 5 on steroids. I have also looked at the cannon 60d and 7d but i am scared about the what i think is called shutter lag when the frames bend when panning is this a big problem for what i would be using them for. does anyone have any advice or recommendations for me i would love to here any input thank you.
    Last edited by Dale Grant; 06-20-2011 at 12:32 AM.