Thread: Vegas 10... 3D

Default Vegas 10... 3D

Hi - I'm new to this forum and hope I'm at the right place.

I'm struggling with Vegas Pro 10 - I shot 3D footage and got it imported but the "Pair as stereoscopic 3D sub clip" part is greyed out. In my understanding it should be active?? Any help?

Regards

JWC

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    Have you set the project as 3D?
    I think so. I the "properties" window it says "3D" on.

Regards

put on timeline and right click I think there is an option there (there is on the pro) to convert/make into 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    put on timeline and right click I think there is an option there (there is on the pro) to convert/make into 3D
    Tx. I use Vegas Pro 10 but I do not find convert/make into 3D. I have now progressed to seeing side X side in the preview screen, but it does not render to 3D??
    Regards.

Tx all. I sorted out the 3D part. Must say the manual is not very helpful! Now - how do I create real 3D text? I'm talking text that kind of come out of the screen? Even just normal 3D text will do for now... any help appreciated. Again, the manual does not supply much help. Regards.

Default GoPro & Vegas 10

Hi - it seems that Vegas is unable to use a 3D (*.mp4) file from GoPro. You need to import the two (R+L) video files from GoPro into Vegas and then create a sub clip before it can be rendered as a 3D file.

The CineForm Studio software that comes with GoPro has a nice feature - one can mark key frames (little + button) and then "edit" the stereoscopic effect of that part of the video. By adding a number of these key frames and correcting them each, one can render a final product which has very little "ghosting" and looks real good. Can Vegas 10 do the same?

Regards

Vegas platinum 11 is out, - at least that's what I read.
    Seems it has 3D facility (OK, using Red?Green glasses, not supplied with a "Download").
    Also it promises extra titling features . . . may be worth a look on the Sony Creative site.
    And as a bonus, it improves the SoundForge program and Studio Architect (DVD authoring).
    Of interest to HD DSLR's will be the new support for 1080p and some other standards (DYOR)

No hopes their documentation will improve.

Personally, I'll wait for the next update.
    Also, I'm not convinced their PC min-spec is correct.

The faster machine the faster then the render. I have had it installed on a net book just to do some quick edits, rendering takes ages and AVCHD stutters a bit