Thread: Doomsday: short action film!

Cool Doomsday: short action film!

G'Day all,

length: 5:45 Minutes
    Written , directed and produced by me so opinions are appreciated
    Cheers
    Carlos

Carlos, I think you are a comedy genius. When I saw the opening title I was very impressed, unfortunately it all went down hill from there. Don't get me wrong you had some good ideas and tried some interesting things, Where it falls down mostly is the sound recording, you just can't do a piece like this with the on camera microphone.

Your editing was so slow it was funny. example @1:04 when we see the lady on the phone this shot is held for far to long, it's a good shot but it lasts for nearly 3 seconds. The icing on the cake was the final shot when you bend over to each other to kiss each other. Comedy moment or bad editing. It's hard to tell.

I'm not sure about casting your self as the action hero when you can't even bend down without supporting your self on the wall. OR was that another comedy moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Carlos, I think you are a comedy genius. When I saw the opening title I was very impressed, unfortunately it all went down hill from there. Don't get me wrong you had some good ideas and tried some interesting things, Where it falls down mostly is the sound recording, you just can't do a piece like this with the on camera microphone.

Your editing was so slow it was funny. example @1:04 when we see the lady on the phone this shot is held for far to long, it's a good shot but it lasts for nearly 3 seconds. The icing on the cake was the final shot when you bend over to each other to kiss each other. Comedy moment or bad editing. It's hard to tell.

I'm not sure about casting your self as the action hero when you can't even bend down without supporting your self on the wall. OR was that another comedy moment.
    Midnight Blue,
    Thanks for the feedback. Valid points, next time I will either use a camera with external microphone or will do some Foley work including voice overs. The final scene was meant to be light but not comedic. HaHa about you comment about bend down with support in the wall, I will do better next time, I think that I can definitely be an action hero after seeing Liam Neeson in Taken. At least you found entertaining value and one of my goals was to entertain you. I thrilled you at the beginning, hopefully with JB III , I will thrill you from start true to the end
    Carlos