Thread: GoPro Fast 'N Slow. A Timelapse Collection

Default GoPro Fast 'N Slow. A Timelapse Collection

Here's a small collection of timelapses I'v created with my GoPro while at home in Cornwall and traveling around in France, Portugal and Canada.
    The slow mo was edited in after effects with twixtor (still trying to perfect) and most of the others were edited in Sony Vegas Pro.
    What do you think ?

Some nice shots but it gets a bit samey after a while. I like the pans on the time laps shots. I think twixtor does a really good job with the slow mo shots.

Thanks. I actually make the panning mounts and sell on ebay for compact cameras / gopro. I know what you mean by samey, it is a challenge to show a new angles - but i'm working on it !

I like it a lot. Shorter shots with an over all time of 2 minutes might be better.
    http://www.soundzshop.com
    A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

http://www.soundclick.com/solway

like, I want watch more..

thanks

some very nice nice shots but its a bit too long for me. make it shorter leave viewers wanting more !

some of the slow mo shots with twixtor seem to work better than others ..... the water splash shot came across jerky while the slow mo snow board shots were lovely and smooth. also some of the shots would benifit from reducing the contrast a touch.

i do like what your doing here and look forward to seeing more.

hmmm, me thinks it's a bit too long, i ended up skip viewing...the icy road at speed was the only emotional response i had to the video

there was a user who used to frequent these forums who would make this sort of video, but much more on the art side of video and really carefully looking at composition and what was happening within the frame. It's difficult to engage a viewer with a big wide frame when there is not much going on.

my point being these sorts of videos often need to be made up of only the very best bits skillfully edited together, you really need to be culling lots of dross from the production
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leokimvideo

I really liked this and have some respect for you as time lapse is something quite difficult to do well, I know because I've tried and failed. My only suggestion would be to start with the slower things like cloud and build up to the faster things cars, plane...

Quote Originally Posted by optheatre View Post
    I really liked this and have some respect for you as time lapse is something quite difficult to do well, I know because I've tried and failed. My only suggestion would be to start with the slower things like cloud and build up to the faster things cars, plane...
    Thank you for that. I tried to sync the speed of the footage with the momentum of the music. I still think I'm going to try to experiment with some effects and changes in velocity. I'm just starting a promotional vid to help sell the panning timer used.