Thread: Help please on neat word text sliding effect using Prem pro

Default Help please on neat word text sliding effect using Prem pro

Hopefully some of you know how to do this simple word text effect using sony vegas pro as in the moving text effect of the words that slide in and out in the beginning of this youtube link and at the end: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my7tPV8KCy8&feature=relmfu

Really hoping you can help out guys.... I am new to video editing just got hold of prem Pro CS5 and I would like to know how to go about doing this using Prem pro i.e those word sentence effects sliding in and out above each other and coming in from off the screen on the colored background etc,

( I think this chap used standard preset using his apple mac and on board final cut video software to get his text doing this apparently a standard simple preset that software can luckily do with a mouse click! which I emailed him and asked)
    also at the end there are words that have a magic sprinkle effect star burst type effect which would also be neat to perhaps be able to do

That said, the sliding text effect I am sure something very similar could be done using Prem Pro etc I am not sure how to go about doing it and would dearly love to know.... !

yes I understand inside Prem pro it probably involves having to do with using key frames ( new to me anyway!) but still not sure how to do it the way this chap did his and how the sentences slide in from off the screen and over each in opposite directions etc and get similar nice fonts as he used!

Wow just so annoying that something so simple and many out there using Prem pro would no doubt find highly useful for this effect in and of itself, gosh yet know one seems to cover how to do simple but neat basic effect within Prem pro... (youtube etc)

hence hoping one of you would just maybe know and have some ideas step by step or better still a video tut?

hopefully you can help please guys!
    CorinaOz

Hey CorinaOz,

Can you give us the youtube link again, it's not working.

Sounds simple what you're trying to do. Let me see the example and then I can explain how to do it.

-Mike

Default re text sliding in effect help

Hi Mike
    Yes please let me know ideas to do this text effect the link to see it I pasted in and worked ok for me here it is again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my7tPV8KCy8&feature=relmfu

I am barand new to video editing having got both premiere pro cs5 and son vegas pro 9 I know it may involve key frames etc I still need to know how specifically to this i.e. getting both sentances/words under each other and opposite directions....

the tuts on Youtube are not very good and often the peron doing them is all over the place making mistakes, can't understand here them or you come away none the wiser...and many bad comments from people saying so!)

Hoping you can help or maybe do a short video 'how to' would be fab):

Corina Oz

Here you go!

-Mike