Thread: how to do a simple neat word text effect using sony vegas pro

Default how to do a simple neat word text effect using sony vegas pro

A simple effect many might also find useful and was hoping some of you can help out I am new to video editing just got hold of sony vegas pro 9 and wanted to ask if you knew how to do a simple word text effect using sony vegas pro as in the words that slide in and out in the beginning of this youtube link and at the end: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my7tPV8KCy8&feature=relmfu

I would like to know how to go about doing this using sony vegas pro 9 etc and those word sentence effects sliding in and out above each other and coming in from off the screen on the colored background etc, also at the end there are words that have a magic sprinkle effect star burst type effect which would also be neat to perhaps be able to do ( I think this chap used standard preset using his apple mac and on board final cut video software to get his text doing this apparently a standard simple preset that software can luckily do with a mouse click! which I emailed him and asked)

That said, I am sure something very similar could be done using sony vegas I am not sure how to go about doing it and would dearly love to know.... yes I understand inside sony vegas it probably involves having to do with using key frames ( new to me anyway!) but still not sure how to do it the way this chap did his and how the sentences slide in from off the screen and over each in opposite directions etc and get similar nice fonts as he used!

Wow just so annoying that something so simple and many out there using sony vegas would no doubt find highly useful for this effect in and of itself, gosh yet know one seems to cover how to do simple but neat basic effect within Vegas...
    Perhaps it can be done in that new vegas proType titler? which looks V good but boy hard to grasp and learn as nothing out there I can see explains it well (youtube etc)

hence hoping one of you would just maybe know and have some ideas step by step or better still a video tut?

hopefully you can help many thanks guys!

CorinaOz

This is a basic title that is easily done with the ProType Titler tool. You should read the help files, they explain how to use the tool better than I can.

Thanks for your reply, I know how to create text fonts inside the ProType Titler tool not how to create the specific text effects animation mentioned and referred to in the link though! ?

Sorry so none the wiser...in your reply
    CorinaOz

It's good that you know the basics but if you just read the help file it tells you how to do what you want.