Thread: New wedding videographer

Default New wedding videographer

Hi
    I'm Oscar Aged 20
    I run a video production business called OscarMedia
    I always thrive to produce the best quality images I can to be cherished by the customers
    I would like to start shooting weddings.
    I will charge a minimal fee for my first few assignments
    My editing style is a mixture of music video, cinematic and documentary format.
    All Footage is captured in full HD and can be put on DVD
    I live in London if you are interested please email oscarmedia@gmx.com or call 07760614201

You can do it step by step. Hopefully time will come that you could make your career successfully.

engagement quotes

"All Footage is captured in full HD and can be put on DVD"

So I will be able to play HD footage off my DVD player?... I'm shocked and amazed!

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bpotter908 View Post
    "All Footage is captured in full HD and can be put on DVD"

So I will be able to play HD footage off my DVD player?... I'm shocked and amazed!
    I'm not sure about playing it off a DVD player but you can definitely burn HD onto a duo layer DVD. Haven't tried it myself but I hear that's the trick to getting HD onto DVD rather than having to burn it on blueray.

What concerns me is that he will sell HD DVDs and a HD film service without informing his clients that they will still need a player that can display it.

It's great selling umbrellas in the desert when it never rains...Almost as good as selling HD video content to people without HD playback kit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bpotter908 View Post
    What concerns me is that he will sell HD DVDs and a HD film service without informing his clients that they will still need a player that can display it.
    I don't think that's altogether fair. It's like saying you shouldn't sell someone a CD without informing them they'll need a CD player (and amplifier and speakers .... and an electricity source). I think nowadays it is reasonable to assume that people understand they need an HD playback system to play back HD. I'm not suggesting everyone understands that, but the onus is on them to understand it.

As for his "and can be put on DVD". I read that totally different to how you did. What I read was "I film it in full HD, but if you're not capable of viewing that I am willing to downscae it for normal DVD playback"

It just shows, we have one of the most comprehensive languages in the world and still don't understand the same thing by the same words.
    Tim