Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Applying TrackFX to part of a track

Default Applying TrackFX to part of a track

Hello,

I have been using Sony Vegas 9 for a little while now and I am very happy with it.

I just have one question, how do I apply trackFX to only part of an audio track rather than the whole thing?

I just want to change the EQ settings for a few seconds, then have them revert back to normal.

Thanks.

I am no expert here but one method would be....
    Create a new audio track.
    Copy the original audio track and paste it into the new audio track.
    You can then add any effects you wish to that track wherever you want also add cuts and fades to limit the effects to the areas you want.

Remember to edit the original sound track to match.

Ok thanks, I have discovered that Platinum version which I use seems to give me an unlimited number of Audio tracks, so that may be an option. I will end up with a very messy screen by the end though with all the effects I want to apply.

Thanks for the tip.

If you do a cut on the sound track at the beginning and end of each section you wish to apply an effect, you can then add the effect to only the clip selected.

Can you Keyframe it?

I've never seen key frames on sound effects, have I missed something.

Hi, newbie here. I've just finished recording & mixing some tracks in Ableton (very new to it) and have come across a very irritating problem. When I'm exporting the audio as a finished song, at the point where the export finishes I'm getting an "echo" of the track , like an aural stab; "dah!". This then seems to attach itself to the start of the exported track so that when you play the track back it starts with "dah!" then plays what it is supposed to play. I'm using Pantheon for reverbs etc; is it something to do with this? Whatever it is, how do I get rid of it? It's driving me nuts and I've got a deadline to meet!

ddos protection
    ddos web hosting

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ddosprotection View Post
    Hi, newbie here. I've just finished recording & mixing some tracks in Ableton (very new to it)
    Therefore you are unlikely to get any assistance in a forum about Sony Vegas
    Tim

I've never seen key frames on sound effects, have I missed something.
    No, I'm talking cobblers. You can keyframe an audio envelope, but that's about it. One of the things I've never understood why with Vegas. Especially as it started as an audio editor. If you want to keyframe audio effects, it needs to be done in your chosen associated audio editor. Strange.
    Just wondered if you could with Platinum.
    Last edited by Archie; 06-10-2011 at 11:53 AM.

Totally agree Archie. May be version 12 will have this if enough people tell them we want it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast