Thread: Official Trailer for upcoming series, MOD

Default Official Trailer for upcoming series, MOD

Hey, we've been working on an episodic series that is gonna come out next week and our official trailer just came out so check it out:
    WARNING: strong language

any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    --Garrett

Blog Entries

I liked the still/graphics for the titles and I thought it was quite well put together, creating an interest without giving too much away (possibly not giving enough away: you need to give some indication of what the story's about)
    Two things stood out for me as things which you could improve upon. One which you probably cannot do much abot, the other which you certainly can.
    The first problem is the talent is all too young to be convincing in the characters. Your only option here is to get older actors - not necessarily eay.
    The second problem is that the different clips look like they have been taken from different films. We might expect notable differences in colour for different moods, locations and time sof day (or, in the case of the Matrix, different worlds), but there really needs to be much more cohesion between the clips - colour, contrast, brightness, exposure: basically so that every clip - even if subtly different, looks like it comes from the same movie.
    Tim

Blog Entries

Oh, and have you got the rights to use the Dylan number?
    Tim

Hey, thanks for responding
    I get what your saying. We know that we all look young and we have spent a lot of time developing the characters and story and want it to be as convincing as possible, but that's up to the acting. We're just amateur filmmakers and we're all 17-20 year olds that want to put out something people will enjoy watching as much as we enjoy making.
    As for the film, though, All we have to use is a Canon EOS Rebel T2i and the quality of the camera really depends on the lighting, which we are always working to make better. And the color correction does change often. It's just something that depends on the scene and the episode as a whole.
    And we do not have the rights to Dylan's song. I wish that we did, but I honestly couldn't find how to acquire them. We certainly need to get them though because our song choices are always important in the way we tell our story.
    Thanks again for the response and any criticism you have is always appreciated!
    Last edited by undertonepictures; 06-09-2011 at 05:52 PM.