Thread: Stereoscopic 3D Video of a Japanese Garden (1st post)

1. Default Stereoscopic 3D Video of a Japanese Garden (1st post)

Hi everyone, new member 1st post here. Below is the latest video I have put up on YouTube. It is a stereoscopic montage of 3D photos taken @ the Mizumoto Japanese Stroll Garden in Springfield Missouri USA. I used a Sony 3D Bloggie to take the photos and then edited with Magix Movie Edit Pro 17 Plus HD. If you don't have any 3D glasses handy you can still watch the video (in 2D) by clicking the 3D button on the player and selecting "turn off 3D" Thanks for taking the time to watch! Questions and comments are welcome.

Yes, my red/cyan glasses showed it well. The constant slight zooming out in every show got a bit boring. Interestingly, the fades between shots, particularly in 3d look very strange as my brain had enough problem accepting the 3d, but then got a 2nd image momentarily superimposed. I thought the images were very pretty; and looked extremely clear.

3. Default

Thanks for watching Tim! I am wondering if a 1/2 second crossfade would work better since the remnants of the previous image can mess up the 3D in the next. I personally found the slow zoom out's from the center and the crossfades (when combined with music) were kind of hypnotic, while at least one other person (besides you) said it was monotonous. The main goal was to showcase the stereo stills. It's tough to get people to look at stills in this multimedia age. So if you can't beat them, join them Thanks for your feedback it is appreciated.

3d is trick to do really well, sure this is a bunch of stills and set up as a quick showcase which works well, the music had me

maybe no need to put titles on youtube videos as I feel the first 10 seconds need to be your best, on the tube you title resided as the name of your video.
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video

5. Default

Thanks for watching rollingstock! I tried to create music that made the viewer feel relaxed (like they are floating) Floating is a little tougher to pin down than say "romantic" or "terror" but I did my best I did intentionally put about 10 seconds of credits @ the beginning because I know people with 3D TV's sometimes download the 3D videos and play them back from a flash drive. It usually takes a few seconds to turn the 3D on from the TV's remote so I wanted there to be plenty of time for those folks to do that. Thanks for taking the time to share your input, it is appreciated.