Thread: Corpse Blimey

Default Corpse Blimey

Synopsis: Two men find a mysterious corpse in their bathtub. What they do next may surprise you.

Starring and Directed by:
    Ant Richardson
    Callum Thomson
    Patrick Shelton

Written and Edited by:
    Callum Thomson

Music by:
    Kevin MacLeod

Corpse Blimey - Virgin Media Shorts

Let me know what you think, thanks, Cal

I have to be honest I didn't like the humor as much in this one compared to others I've seen you do. but I thought it was a good effort.

I know this might be a crazy idea but see what happens to the movie if you put a canned laughter track on it. Just a thought.

Blog Entries

Unlike Midnight I did enjoy the humour - though the going for a pee at the beginning was rather cliché.
    A good selection of shots - especially given the limitations placed on you by the geography. One shot I'd have liked to have seen would have been from below stairs as they approach them - just to establish clearly they are at the top of stairs.
    Good clear sound. And I love the deadpan delivery. Always crucial to play it straight.

Funnnily enough I thought the plot was going to go in a totally different direction - but I might save up that idea.
    Tim

Thanks guys

I've not thought about putting a laughter track on at all. I think all people find different parts of our films funny and I wouldn't want force it by inserting laughter. I don't know many places that do that online.

I'm curious where you anticipated it going Tim? I personally wanted to keep it short and sweet but there is room for development in terms of plot and pacing.

Thanks again for the comments guys, not bad for a few hours work

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ctbullet View Post
    I'm curious where you anticipated it going Tim? I personally wanted to keep it short and sweet but there is room for development in terms of plot and pacing.
    After the decision to put the body in the bin, I foresaw an discussion/argument developing about which bin it goes into, or whether he gets separated into component parts and into different bins - basically a satire on the proliferation of different recycling bins and the ridiculous inconsistencies between one borough and the next. Indeed you could have added that into the script immediately after the decision, while carrying the body.

Well, the idea appealed to me last night ...
    Tim