Thread: Blue eyed - short

Default Blue eyed - short

Hello!

I'm new to the forum. From what I've read there seems to be alot of really knowledgeable people here. I was hoping some of you would take a look at my short film and give a little feedback. If anyone is looking for my two cents on their work I'd be more than happy to oblige.
    To fully understand the title one must know that in swedish "Blue eyed" is an expression that means "naive" or "gullible", but it's not an insult. It's more of something you'd say about your own daughter
    So the film's in swedish, but it has english subs (just click the "cc-button"

All the best!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Peter wakes up duct taped to a table. The room's pitch black outside of the circle of light he's in. He can hear someone breathing in the darkness.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog Entries

I loved the look and the suspense. I wish i'd understood it a bit more though. What I really missed was why "John" forgave "Peter". This appeared to be a one-way conversation and it was not at all clear to me whether Peter repented or even showed any remorse.

Quote Originally Posted by Klas View Post
    If anyone is looking for my two cents on their work I'd be more than happy to oblige.
    That's the spirit of this forum. Evebryone who posts here wan'ts your comments! Just dive right in and select a few.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I loved the look and the suspense. I wish i'd understood it a bit more though. What I really missed was why "John" forgave "Peter". This appeared to be a one-way conversation and it was not at all clear to me whether Peter repented or even showed any remorse.

That's the spirit of this forum. Evebryone who posts here wan'ts your comments! Just dive right in and select a few.
    Thank you! The way I figure it; John forgives Peter, not for Peter's sake, but for his own. To once again be a good man he has realized that he cannot harbour hate. Carrying hate is like burning down your own house and all of that. Peter should still die (and that is the unheard part of John and Gabriel's phone conversation.), but forgiveness is not a get-out-of-jail-free-card. It's a different animal alltogether.
    As far as Peter's remorse. Yep, I should have made that clearer.
    Thanks again for the comments!
    Into the forum I dive.

Great idea to shoot it in black and white. I thought you handled the lighting well, not sure it needed the red bits but I understand why you put them in. The story line was, as Tim said, a bit confusing. I think you have to understand what was meant by being "set free".

Nice Job.

The talent did a great job as well.