Thread: Vegas ms10 alternative cookie cutter / masking tool

Default Vegas ms10 alternative cookie cutter / masking tool

I really like ms10, but i'm doing a video at the moment that i need to do quite a bit of 'cutting out'. The cookie cutter is not really adequate enough, i need to be able to draw my own shapes or at least have more options. Is there any third party plug in that does more complex masking/cutting than the inbuilt vegas one?

ps the vegas upgrade is not an option unfortunately, i think 'pro' has all this under its hood.

Thanks.

Have you tried drawing our own shapes and then scan them in as an image and use the green screen effect to use it?

I'm not sure what you mean, i kind of get it but not fully.
    I should explain what i need to do better... i have bluescreened someones head looking into the camera, i was hoping to chroma out everything apart from the head and hair to give a floating head effect. It nearly worked but their tshirt is visable and it looks a bit naff. They have long hair so its an intricate shape i need. I have a disco-light moving background and wanted to put the persons head infront, in the foreground. Their head is not moving much so with the right cutter i could cut out their tshirt.
    If the background was a static picture i could make the shape out of it in photoshop and add it on the foreground - maybe thats what your getting at?
    But its a video background so no can do. Currently i'm using 6 cookie cutters on each clip, its a real pain and still looking dodgy.

Sorry, I meant drawing the cookie bit on paper so you can get the shape you want and make into an image and so on