Thread: Sony Vegas 10 freeze when try open huge file

Default Sony Vegas 10 freeze when try open huge file

H guys, first of all sorry if this is the wrong area.

After a couple of months my Sony Vegas started to freeze when try open huge file recorded from fraps or when go to fraps folder with videos also freeze.

It worked nicely before but now need to use other software to render it where the video quality get worse so can use on Sony Vegas.

Is there any way to fix this?

Same for me it use to work just fine now this and NO one seems to know how to fix it all i ever find is the same site saying it's the codex or something and just reinstall fraps but nope that does nothing kinda makes Vegas useless for me now. Cause it takes forever to put 15 clips when Vegas freezes up for 5 mins every time I click a file.

Well another site with no help I see lot's of people with this problem you would think ONE person has a fix for it.

Well the obvious question is; Why such a huge file? Can it be made smaller? Does Vegas open the same codec file OK if it's smaller? What's the memory setting you're using for Vegas? Is it too small for what you're trying to work with? Is it too big, and taking away vital functions within Vegas or Windows? Maybe your system isn't up to the job? More likely your system has run an auto update of something which is causing a problem now. Have you tried running system restore back to when things worked OK?
    Furydeath, this is a general Vegas help forum. Nobody here pretends to be an expert! If you really want a technical fix for something Vegas related, put in a support ticket to Sony. Simples.
    Last edited by Archie; 10-01-2011 at 12:47 PM.

#1 - You really need to define yr clips, PC specification, and where the long-files are coming from (eg USB can be a pain).

Sometimes there will be a clue in yr Tech Spec. as I'm guessing most folks don't find it behaves as you do.
    Can you also state if this is the Studio version, or Pro?

Archie has asked some Q's and these need answering, to give a better understanding . . . there, that's my take.

FWIW, it's likely to be something at yr end + and you might tell us what you've tried to fix it, etc.
    Was yr system changed and only since then it's misbehaved? . . .can you revisit some earlier work to see how it now reacts?

#2 restate yr issue, with full hardware details, as suggested above.
    Last edited by vidmanners; 10-01-2011 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Furydeath View Post
    Well another site with no help I see lot's of people with this problem you would think ONE person has a fix for it.
    We cannot help you unless you provide the correct information.

As for FRAPS being compatible with professional video editors, There have been issues on that getting the compatibility of the codecs right. I had all kinds of problems with getting the files to be registered.

The other item to bear in mind, Is most systems are geared up to edit 720x568 resoloution, Your Fraps videos will probably be at 1920x1024 ( or similar ) which is nearly 3 times the size of what you are forcing it to edit, Hence why the system is struggling!