Thread: The Critique my commercial thread!!

Default The Critique my commercial thread!!

Hi there everybody, I'm brand new to this forum... So we made this commercial as a contest entry and i was hoping to get a critique on it from some of you fine people. So, if you get a chance, check it out!!

A good idea, well shot but the content fails for me. I don't really know why, if it's the pace or the script or what. The voice over needs to be more enthusiastic at the end it seems very flat for this sort of advert.

Blog Entries

Agree on the voice over - it does lack any enthusiasmn for the product. Aside from the fact that here in the UK that ad would be banned in an instant for making misleading claims, it was well shot and nicely done. Edit wise I'd go much tighter - perhaps half that length.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Lockwood View Post
    Aside from the fact that here in the UK that ad would be banned in an instant for making misleading claims,
    Hmmmm.. I don't know where the line is between a misleading claim and something obviously making a ludicrous statement for humorous effect -
    I don't remember "Red Bull gives you wings" being banned (or if it was, they took their time over it!)
    Tim

Blog Entries

Again I liked the idea. I also see a problem with the voice - though I think a fairly deadpan delivey rather than an effervescent voice is what's needed, so I think you're along the right track.
    I thought some of the backward stuff wass sped up too much and lost its effect because of it. The scene in the bus was so fast it didn't really appear he was going backwards, to me. Neither time I watched.

BTW if you want critiques' the "User Videos" is the section specifically for that. If you aks nicely someone here might move it....
    Last edited by TimStannard; 06-02-2011 at 08:44 PM. Reason: addition
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Hmmmm.. I don't know where the line is between a misleading claim and something obviously making a ludicrous statement for humorous effect -
    I don't remember "Red Bull gives you wings" being banned (or if it was, they took their time over it!)
    The Red Bull one, I would argue, is clearly humourous, but this one putting improved energy with improved appearance? I can see the ASA getting all hot-under-the-collar over that.