Thread: Music Video I Directed, Shot and Edited.

Default Music Video I Directed, Shot and Edited.

Hey there, I am new to this forum and I thought i would introduce myself by posting a video I recently shot.

Feedback is appreciated

can't say much, I love it, and the music is also great. Surely an inspiration for my next ones. Thanks for sharing

It's a good video for this type of song. I did notice auto exposure when they first came into the room. Some of the focusing seemed accidently off but some deliberately off is that right. The colour work was not to my taste but is modern looking and fashionable which is what you would expect from a music video like this.

A good job, well done.

Quote Originally Posted by hadoq View Post
    can't say much, I love it, and the music is also great. Surely an inspiration for my next ones. Thanks for sharing
    Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    It's a good video for this type of song. I did notice auto exposure when they first came into the room. Some of the focusing seemed accidently off but some deliberately off is that right. The colour work was not to my taste but is modern looking and fashionable which is what you would expect from a music video like this.

A good job, well done.
    Yeah that right, im not to sure how to lock the auto exposure on the canon 5D, your right, some of the focusing was off at time and yeah other times it was deliberate, is their any cheap option to focus pulling rather than just using my hands?

The color as u said suited the video, but what type of coloring would you have for the shots in the house?

Thanks for the technical feedback

I'm not a DSLR user so I can't advise on how to over come these issues. I would have gone for a more natural white in your video, you went very tungsten colour (yellow) which is fine if you are going for a low light, intimate, candle light look but with the lighting you have I'd just do a white balance adjustment. That's just what I'd do not that it's right, just my personal taste. I am perhaps a little old fashioned.