Thread: Vegas Issue with Video Files from Toshiba Camileo H30

Default Vegas Issue with Video Files from Toshiba Camileo H30

I have shot some video on my Toshiba Camileo H30 in 1080p HD. I transferred the files to my computer and the files play wonderfully in Windows Media Player and look great. I then import the files into Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 8.0. When I do so, the file imports fine and shows up in the project media. However, when I try to drag and drop the video to the timeline or right click and add to track, the program simply will not let me. When I try to drag and drop the cursor becomes a red O with a slash through it and it won't let me click. I am guessing this is a codec issue, which I would not have the slightest idea where to begin. Any help here would be very greatly appreciated, please let me know if there is more information I can provide that may help you.

Thanks

Down load a program called Gspot this will tell you what codec you need and if you have it. If you don't have it you can usually download the necessary codec from the web.

I've looked into this a little more, I down loaded a file in the same format as yours and I could not get the file to open in Sony Vegas without converting it. It seems to be a H.264 codec in a .avi wrapper.

You may have some software that came with your camera that might help you. I'm affraid this problem is over my head.
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 05-30-2011 at 01:31 PM.