Thread: "An error occurred while loading your project.10"

Default "An error occurred while loading your project.10"

Hi people,
    I have been working on a project in Premiere 6. The other day I opened it up and it gave me the message "An error occurred while loading your project. 10". All the files in the bins are there, with their correct names, but nothing shows up on the timeline except for some blue bars to show rendering.

I have looked around on the internet and found out about this "-1 bug", but when I do the recommended fix, opening the project in notepad and changing "rate=100," to "rate=100.", I find that I have no commas in the rate settings in notepad. I've been through it several times, no commas in the rates. I've tried downloading a "fix premiere" program from Steven Gotz's website. Nothing, still gives me the same message after I've "fixed" my file. I've tried moving the project onto a brand new computer and new Premiere program, still the file won't open. All my backup files have the same problem, and I've tried all 11 of Adobe Premiere's recommended solutions--nothing.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would be eternally grateful if you could write back and help me out.

Sounds like time to call the Adobe helpdesk to me.

Sorry I can't offer anything better.

Thanks for the quick reply, will definitely have to do that soon if nothing else works...but if anyone thinks of anything else, would love to hear it!

Hello hanabi,

I know this is a six-year-old thread, but I'm having the exact same problem with the "An error occurred while loading your project.10" message in my old Premiere 6 for the first time.

I've tried everything and I found your post on this forum in a Google search. I'm wondering if you ever found a solution. I found another person with the same problem on another forum in another old post from 2005 and he later posted that the Premiere 6.5 update solved his problem, but that update is no longer available... I can only find the 6.01 and 6.02 updates on the Adobe website.

I tried the "rate=" code search in my file when opened in a text editor but I'm not able to find any commas there either. You also mentioned a "Fix Premiere" program on the Steven Gotz website, but I'm not able to find that program on his website and he hasn't respond to my email that I sent to him yet.

If you ever found a solution to this problem, please reply... I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks allot,

numetro