Thread: Using mini-phono for video

Question Using mini-phono for video

Hey everyone

I found an old portable DVD player, and after finding the screen works pretty well I want to use it as a larger screen for my nikon d3000, just to have when taking studio shots. the dvd player takes a video line in, using a mini phono plug. My camera uses the same mini-phono jack for video out. I'm wondering what cable I use to connect two mini-phono jacks that are inputting and outputting video. I have tried just a mono mini-phono wire, male on both ends, but no signal appears to be going through. Any ideas?

Thanks

You need a special type of mini jack, it's not a normal audi jack, it is a 4-pole jack normally you see these with camorders with composit plugs (red yellow and white) on the other end. It looks like you need one with mini jacks on each end. I don't know where you can get them from but hopefully you can Goolge it with this info.

Arrow Re

Midnight, I would have used that, but I have attached a picture of the video input. There is a separate jack for audio, so I don't think I want to try and stuff audio into the video only jack.But thanks for the suggestion.

I have also attached a picture of the video out on my camera. Hope this helps!

thank you
    ports.jpg

DSC_0839.JPG