Thread: First Action movie!

Default First Action movie!

it's not really supposed to be serious. more of a funny video
    This was a project video I made. The camera and the acting aren't the best. I'm just curious about what we can improve, like camera cuts and angles or even sound tracks
    Last edited by HyperblexMedia; 05-28-2011 at 02:15 AM.

Where to start...

Promising. But it's not perfect.

First thing. If you're going to advertise Visual FX Excellence, then you'd better make sure you have it. I was far from convinced from watching it. Having said that, you did seem to show a good understanding of camera FX and techniques.

Secondly, the briefing scene. Both of the people with their backs to the camera were blatantly reading off scripts. The green-screening was far from clear, but I appreciate you're doing it with consumer stuff. The three 'marines' were on a loop. That wouldn't have been so bad if the loop wasn't so synchronised that they all did exactly the same thing one after another. The cutting was far from perfect as well. Each person moved position every time one was done.

It's bad practice to see equipment in shot. At 1.37 the green-screen and other things are clearly visible.

Pans were also quite jerky - the same for the zoom.

Having said all that, you clearly show talent with filmmaking, but a bit more practice needed!

I can only echo what BigMac has said.

Blog Entries

Ditto what others have said but will add...

No wonder the cloning looks poor if you only spent 16 hours on post. 20 minutes to rotoscope 5 secs of the marines running across the lawns? To get an accurate scope for one person in one frame must takes at least a minute, with subsequent frames taking maybe 20 secs each. It's a lengthy process if you want it to look good.

You spent $4000 on software but didn't clean your camera lens!
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Ditto what others have said but will add...

No wonder the cloning looks poor if you only spent 16 hours on post. 20 minutes to rotoscope 5 secs of the marines running across the lawns? To get an accurate scope for one person in one frame must takes at least a minute, with subsequent frames taking maybe 20 secs each. It's a lengthy process if you want it to look good.

You spent $4000 on software but didn't clean your camera lens!
    Thanks for all your input guys! ill make sure do cover all of that the next time I make a video!
    The reason the rotoscoping took only 20 min was that i cheated when I filmed it. I didn't stand too close to each other so i could cut it all across the screen .
    also i was short on time and had to finish it in one day (for a history project).

Anyways, Thank you all!