Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just me ?

Default just me ?

it really pisses me off when the only time people come on here is to post their latest film, and never bother to offer advice or critique on other users films/videos.

Now, some of these people have lots of talent and I'm sure lots of us could benefit from their knowledge.

Come on peeps put a bit into the forum instead off just taking

Totally agree. :(

Blog Entries

Absolultely. It's a two way street peoples!

Blog Entries

It will always be the case. No point in letting it get to you.

On the positive side I learn just as much from you guys' criticisms of Billy No-courtesy's films as I do from your criticisms of mine. What's more I can learn that from your comments without having to go to the trouble of makimng my own film or suffer the indignity of it being slated!

So, whilst I agree it feels like it at times, time spent writing a crit for someone who never returns isn't necessarily wasted.

I do admit to getting a little riled still if someone posts their film, gets involved in a discussion about it (and thus is getting personal feedback) and still doesn't reciprocate.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    It will always be the case. No point in letting it get to you.

On the positive side I learn just as much from you guys' criticisms of Billy No-courtesy's films as I do from your criticisms of mine..
    Fair comment.

Its the repeat offenders that really rile me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    Its the repeat offenders that really rile me.
    I do take your point when you don't get a specific question answered. If I'm thinking of the same person as you I suspect he will answer though - he's just not a regular visitor.
    Tim

still waiting !

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    it really pisses me off when the only time people come on here is to post their latest film, and never bother to offer advice or critique on other users films/videos.

Now, some of these people have lots of talent and I'm sure lots of us could benefit from their knowledge.

Come on peeps put a bit into the forum instead off just taking
    I totally disagree.

The world owes me a living.

I must be old school, because I always thought that people loved to give their opinions, they should be ten a penny. I've been overjoyed to be able to critique people on here and I'm happy to spend my time to do so - it's simply respect, (now that really is old-school lol).

'Time' seems to be the favourite excuse, people just have no time for each other. Yet they spend 10-100 hours on a project, but they haven't got 5 minutes to watch and rate someone else's 10-100 hours of effort. And then they wonder why their effort goes unnoticed! I guess eventually they will wake up to this, but I see it in all kinds of electronic 'life', everyone is a one man shop with no time for anyone, let alone their competitors.

I'm sure art was a sharing thing once, but now it's a cut-throat dog eat dog world. The paradox is that no-one is getting anywhere with this attitude, because they are so self focused and hell bent on ignoring each other.

I think this will pass and one day we will all learn to share and help each other again. Until then you've always got me

Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    'Time' seems to be the favourite excuse,...
    I have some time, but will people get offended if their projects and really skewered?

I'm sure art was a sharing thing once, but now it's a cut-throat dog eat dog world.
    Actually I think we are in the best of times and the worst of times. The world is in tumult, but
    this is a new golden age of filmmaking. We should get into it up our elbows.

I think this will pass and one day we will all learn to share and help each other again. Until then you've always got me
    Typical opinion of the idealistic naivete of youth. The older we get the more we see how rotten the world is.
    Last edited by scorpion ballet; 09-12-2011 at 01:40 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast