Thread: Combining Two Projects

Default Combining Two Projects

I created two projects but I need to copy content from one to another, because they should fit on one DVD. I have Movie studio 10.

Many Thanks

Open you program twice then open the projects project 1 in one and project 2 in the other.Now copy the clips from one of them and paste them on the time line of the other.

Can one open more than one instance of MOVIE STUDIO? I really don't know?

Blog Entries

Just tried it (version 6) and yes, one can!
    Tim

Default Running a Second Instance of Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Open you program twice then open the projects project 1 in one and project 2 in the other.Now copy the clips from one of them and paste them on the time line of the other.
    Thanks for the tip, Midnight Blue. On my machine, I can't seem to run two instances of Vegas (Studio 11) unless I press Ctrl-Shift as I click the Vegas icon to run the second instance. Just posting in case this helps someone else.

Thanks,
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joech View Post
    On my machine, I can't seem to run two instances of Vegas (Studio 11) unless I press Ctrl-Shift as I click the Vegas icon to run the second instance. Just posting in case this helps someone else.
    Ctrl+Shift is the Factory RESET for Vegas. By doing this you will have lost any regional and local settings. What that would mean for your workflow is not complex but kinda lumpy? You'd have to go in and reset your settings. However, interesting that one can do this 2 instances in Studio. So no, it's not your machine - it's the way Vegas was built in Studio. In the Pro version you get multiple instance WITHOUT needing to resort to a "Factory Reset" Instance.

. . . . .

Like TimStannard and Midnight Blue above, I for one am able to open two instances of VMStudio (mine is Platinum 11 b283 at the moment with some own preferences.). Just tested it (again), didn't need to Ctrl+Shift.

That's great news. Need to update my brain cell.

. . . . . .

Another way to do this would be to open project 1, reduce it to the parts that are needed to be inserted in the other project and then save it with a new project name ( this leaves you original project 1 as was). now render this new project as a file saved on your hard drive. Now open project 2 and import the rendered file into the project media window.