Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Death by Guitar - Is it Love or indigestion?

  1. Default Our Video plays ok now if you use the link

    YouTube - ‪SarahAllisonTina's Channel‬‏

    Ok weve had to upload a link to our YouTube channel.
    Sorry about this but we tried to post it here & it played all jerky even though its fine on YouTube!
    Has anyone had the same problem?

    Sarah & Allison & Tina
    Last edited by Sarah & Allison; 05-20-2011 at 07:06 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,842
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Ahhhh. It's been worth the wait. Great title, great track and great video!

    Perhaps not as jam packed with visual delights as earlier ones, but here again this time we had the puppets taking centre stage. My favourite bit was 2:05 where Duane pushes you out of the way. I hope you never hit the big time because a big part the value you add to your output is the fact you do it all yourselves - and if you don't know how to do something, you either figure it out or find it out.
    Tim

  3. #3

    Default

    As Tim said not as jam packed with stuff as some of the others but I liked it for that. The storey line makes all the difference. I think because some of it is a little rough on the edges helps the quaintness and suites the piece.

    Well done ladies, another DBG hit.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah & Allison View Post
    [URL="ht ;[/URL]

    Sorry about this but we tried to post it here & it played all jerky even though its fine on YouTube!
    Has anyone had the same problem?
    yes all the time

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Warsop, Nottinghamshire.
    Posts
    4,465
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Agree - if you ever get famous it'd be a shame for some big 'pro' video company to come along and ruin your 'look'.

    The charm of your vids is the home-made-ness of them. I love them. The cleverness of the puppets is of course you can do stuff easily that'd take ages to shoot with real people and you don't have to worry about acting talent.

    Yep - another positive feel good video - only downside - no boobs on the car. But still good in spite of that I suppose.

  6. Default

    Thanks guys for the compliments, we're really pleased you all liked it!
    We had decided that maybe we were getting too old to star in our videos; who wants to look at middle aged women (except Andy Lockwood!) when young ones look so much better!
    So, hence the puppets instead of us, that's the reason we used them.
    You know us well enough by now to know we're not really interested in photography & will never win any awards for that side of things. We just try to entertain with our videos & have fun making them & hope that comes across.

    Sarah & Allison & Tina

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,842
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah & Allison View Post
    Thanks guys for the compliments, we're really pleased you all liked it!
    We had decided that maybe we were getting too old to star in our videos; who wants to look at middle aged women (except Andy Lockwood!) when young ones look so much better!
    This is rubbish! The point about seeing you is you are the people who made the music. What's more, you come across as people who are enjoying yourselves making the music and, whilst you take the music making seriously, you don't take yourselves too seriously. It may not appeal to my kids or your kids or to the people who run Lady Gaga's marketing dept, but it ain't only Andy it appeals to. What's too old? You're younger than Madonna and much younger than Tina Turner and Cher. Their appeal is not based purely on sex appeal - it's their talent and the image conveyed in their material that counts. You say "young ones look so much better"; I say they all look the same (and having a 21 year old daughter and 17 year ol stepdaughter) and seem under immense pressure to do so. I think it's not only your priviledge, but also your duty, to show them life is about more than youthful looks.
    Tim

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Warsop, Nottinghamshire.
    Posts
    4,465
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    ..you come across as people who are enjoying yourselves making the music....
    Agree whole heartedly, especially with this sentence. But add the word videos too.

  9. Default

    Thank you Tim & Andy.
    But the fact is old people may run the world but young people determine our fashions & pop music & our image of what's beautiful. Music videos are stuffed full of beautiful young girls, they're the only type who get in them! It's what the public expect to see.
    What you said is fine & well meaning but for us to be sniggered at as those ugly old birds is something we'd really rather avoid, never mind what our duty is.
    All we're really doing is exploring other possibilities for our videos, because let's face it there will be a time when we can put much more attractive things in our videos than ourselves.
    We wont stop appearing in them, wild horses couldnt keep Allison out of the spotlight for long!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,842
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah & Allison View Post
    What you said is fine & well meaning but for us to be sniggered at as those ugly old birds is something we'd really rather avoid, never mind what our duty is.
    Yeah, I can understand your concern. Perhaps I have too high an opinion of people - I'd have thought you'd only be sniggered at if you were trying to be something you're not - ie pretending to be twenty something size 8 models. But maybe people (or at least the youngsters) will snigger at honesty. It does seem rather unfair that a male performer can age in a rather unflattering way yet still maintain a good reputation, but it's rare (impossible?) for a female.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah & Allison View Post
    We wont stop appearing in them, wild horses couldnt keep Allison out of the spotlight for long!
    Glad to hear it.
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Classical Guitar: Should I Edit?
    By midiaxbill in forum User Videos
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-18-2011, 04:36 PM
  2. Mystery Guitar girl ;)
    By kartiv2 in forum Pimp the Link
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-11-2010, 01:03 PM
  3. Mandy Moore's Love to Love Me Back (Indian Summer)..
    By nidahasa in forum User Videos
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-19-2009, 08:28 PM
  4. Guitar or Game
    By rollingstock in forum User Videos
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-03-2009, 11:23 PM
  5. Guitar Hero II The Quickening
    By Killfast in forum User Videos
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 10:04 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •