Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 Women & a Secondary Colour Corrector

1. Default 3 Women & a Secondary Colour Corrector

We are having trouble keying out some areas of our blue screen & read somewhere of using the secondary colour corrector tool to fix the off-color of blue to match the rest of the screen to get a better key.
    The embarrassing bit is we have never used that tool & dont know how to!
    Could anyone tell us please how to do it , we'd be very grateful!
    We have Sony Vegas Pro 9.

Many thanks

Sarah & Allison & Tina

The only tip I can offer is to start of with the saturate green template (yes I know you said it was a blue screen) and then play around with the limit hue sliders. See how it looks when you move them around. If you have a lot of variation in your green try increasing the width and the smooth sliders in this section of the FX properties. I've never use it but I think it might help flatten the screen. There is also the Chroma blur that you could try.

It's all a matter of degree. How "bad" is bad, by you? Let's have a screengrab, yeah?

4. Default

Thanks for replies, the problem is the changing shades of blue created by the shadows under & around the car & also the reflections on the car body. The car is revolving so a mask is not really possible, & we can't shoot the scene again. At the moment we're using 2 chromakeyers but its still not good enough.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's a nightmare.

The only way i can think of at the moment, would be colour correct frame by frame... a nightmare of a job.
    However if it is just the car rotating, you will only need to correct for one complete rotation.
    It may be easier to export the clip (just one complete rotation) as still images (jpg) and use a graphics editor (Photoshop) to correct each frame.
    Using animation techniques, you may not need to correct every frame... correct every 2nd frame and double up when re-loading the frames...ie; duplicate each frame twice to give the same duration as you would get if you modified every frame.

Then load the frames back into the video editor and loop the result.

A load of work involved.... Good luck.

7. Default

Oh dear if all Grazies' got to say is "That's a nightmare" then we must be up the creek with this!

Thank you all for the advice, we want to wrap this up quickly & render it so we'll see what we can do tonight but it looks like we'll have to bodge it. If we stick Allison's bust in the top half of the screen no one will notice a bit of bad chromakeying in the bottom!

Works for me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah & Allison View Post
    ..If we stick Allison's bust in the top half of the screen..
    Best Plan... anything else is a complete waste of time.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah & Allison View Post
    If we stick Allison's bust in the top half of the screen no one will notice a bit of bad chromakeying in the bottom!
    Sorry it doesn't work, Allison can't get her bust up that high these days!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast