Thread: Cod3X

Cool Cod3X

This is my project for Multimedia Systems Subject.
    I've done editing in Sony Vegas Pro 8b.
    This is what came out
    http://youtu.be/KY9Du6pr8B4

The lighting was very poor so the camera didn't stand a chance to capture a decent image. I think the action scenes where let down buy the editing. The talent did a good job with the action but each kick or punch did not flow with the next, as it would in real life. This is where the editing needs to be much tighter. It needs to bring the action into one seamless fight rather than this is kick one followed by punch two etc.

I think you are very brave to attempt such an action packed type of video and commend you for what you did with it. It could be improved with tighter editing.

Well done.

Yea... I have to admit, cameras were the main cause of videos lack of discretion and quality.
    Cameras were old, and could not stand lack of light. And btw they are getting different type of picture, one has more the other one less contrast and same could be said about colors, I don't have enough experience to make clips from both identical, and honestly I don't think anyone could.
    As for choreography cameras were not main cause as people who replaced main camerman were not even experienced with pushing the record button, so this video was "WONA GET OUT A LIVE WITH WHAT I CAN GET" and so.
    Right now I'm making longer movie with Flip Mino HD, Praktica 5.1 HD, and some JVC HD Camera, I think I could do better with everything this time. But it takes time. God willing, I'll do it the right way
    Thanks (and sorry for bad eng.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Emir_X View Post
    Cameras were old, and could not stand lack of light.
    Sorry if I'm asking a dumb question, but if you were aware of this problem - why not shoot outside? Maybe not possible for teh whole plot, but for the fight sequence I see no reason.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Sorry if I'm asking a dumb question, but if you were aware of this problem - why not shoot outside? Maybe not possible for teh whole plot, but for the fight sequence I see no reason.
    This was my very first filming of anything, and cameras weren't even mine. I had no idea they couldn't get whole action the right way. back then I knew nothing about lightning and movie sets. And btw I did had, and to be honest I still do have records of clips made for this movie from outside, but still, it was going sunset + winter (cloudy) so lightning was so bad so I delayed the filming, but exam come early so I have to put something together, and Cod3X came out Bare with me people, I'm so so so on the beginning with this ) Wait for my next movie, I think it will be long up to 1 hour, that is the one you should be critical about

Blog Entries

Ahh. You became aware of teh problem afterwards. Fair enough.
    BTW Cloudy is generally better than direct sunlight as you don't get such harsh shadows.
    Tim