Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greenscreen studio & meterial in England?

Default Greenscreen studio & meterial in England?

I have asked this before, but things are getting desperate now. I am looking to hire a greenscreen studio in England, as close to Beds/Herts/Cambs as possible. Or as a last resort I will hire a large studio and greenscreen it myself, in which case, anyone recommend somewhere that I can buy a ton of greenscreen materiel.

Studio must be at least 25x25feet with 12feet high ceiling.

Material must be enough to cover two large walls and large floor space.
    The green top I\'m wearing in my Avatar is a disguise. I can sneak around on a Green Screen set without being seen by the editor during post

Sounds a little heavy for this forum of amateurs but following a quick google search, how about this place?

Bladon Film Studios Limited
    2 Lower Road, Long Hanborough Oxford
    Oxford
    Tel: 0845 108 2237 Fax:
    Email: steve@rsimail.co.uk

7000 sq ft space, 3 differing sizes of filming / water tanks, photographic studio, blue screen, two time lapse rooms for hire
    Details found at http://www.fatcat.co.uk/showcat.php?choice=sd_

or failing that, it looks like an empty garage and a tin of Dulux

Thanks Alan, don't know why that didn't come up on my search? The one you cut/paste is too far, but I checked out the link and there are some others in there that I will phone.

Cheers.
    The green top I\'m wearing in my Avatar is a disguise. I can sneak around on a Green Screen set without being seen by the editor during post

I went to a fabric shop to get some stuff for backgrounds, but the blue I bought is a little too dark, and the green is way, way too light unfortunately.

Though saying that, the amount these AV companies charge, it might just be less expensive to buy shedloads of fabric of varying colours of green, and going through a process of elimination

Bloody hell, some of these places just look like barnhouses that people have trailed a couple of mains sockets into and hung up a bit of cloth on the walls...

There's a distinct lack of them oop north that I can see (apart from one in Yorkshire). I think I'll buy myself a barn and do that, if I can get away with charging a couple of hundred quid a day

Blog Entries

Do it! No, seriously. Do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Thorpe
    Bloody hell, some of these places just look like barnhouses that people have trailed a couple of mains sockets into and hung up a bit of cloth on the walls...

There's a distinct lack of them oop north that I can see (apart from one in Yorkshire). I think I'll buy myself a barn and do that, if I can get away with charging a couple of hundred quid a day
    its a bit more than a barnhouse with a few sockets buddy!

It CAN be that easy though.. Harry potter was filmed in a huge hanger really, but in all seriousness your likley to need LOTS of power and the ability of LOTS of draw... for example yesterday we had 10 10k lights 15 2k lights - and loads of others all over the place...then of course each light needs to be controlable...

...anyway the whole point of a recording studio is to have flexible space...it might look bare but if you think in the last few bookings is has had thousand of gallons of chocolate pumped into it for an advert, its been an African lanscape with lions, snakes etc....and a dungeon - so anything that would be in there would be destroyed... it has to be a clean sheet of paper for each booking with the minimum of turnaround time...

You have to bear in mind people will come and build their own sets to their own needs / budget....

If you do go for this idea - and there is no reason why you shouldnt, make sure you have plenty of free secure parking and ideally drive in access - will get much more business if you do!

If you need any help or advice give us a shout

Rgds

Steve Barby
    Bladon Studios Limited

You can have a look on this site also.
    It's helped me out tons of times - from caterers to underwater lighting

http://www.4rfv.co.uk/default.asp

Hi Steve,

Some of them. Not all of them. Calm

Talk about digging up an old discussion from the past

(Oh, and for what it's worth, i'm successfully running an entire Lithuanian-themed breakfast magazine show underneath a king sized bedsheet thrown over a washing line, using my car's cigarette lighter as the source of power)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Thorpe
    (Oh, and for what it's worth, i'm successfully running an entire Lithuanian-themed breakfast magazine show underneath a king sized bedsheet thrown over a washing line, using my car's cigarette lighter as the source of power)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast