Thread: Render rant!

Default Render rant!

Over the last couple of days I've read a couple of posts (in the Premiere forum cos that's the one I usually aim at because it's the s/w I use personally) from noobs who have both received the reply "are you sure you've rendered?" to which they then reply. "What does render mean? I'm new to all this".

To those few people....
    These forums are NOT an excuse for reading the manual that came with your s/w you know. If you were a driving instructor and about to give someone their first driving lesson and they anounced that they didn't know what a steering wheel was you'd shake your head to yourself and quietly acknowledge that there was no hope for them wouldn't you?

Well, telling those trying to help you, on a video editing forum that you don't know what 'render' means is basically at the same level.

I know I can be an arsy kind of guy (especially lately) but people really should read the first few chapters of their s/w manual and have worked through a couple of simple exercises before attacking their own projects.

If you've bothered to invest the money in yor s/w then investing a couple of hours of your time on a couple of worked examples shouldn't tax you too much surely. Unless of course, the people in question have ripped off the s/w and so do not have manuals in which case they deserve not to be helped in my opinion.

rant over.

Blog Entries

I'll add it to the FAQ ASAP.

Default Re: Render rant!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills
    Unless of course, the people in question have ripped off the s/w and so do not have manuals
    I suspect this is most likely!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    I'll add it to the FAQ ASAP.
    ...and then you can delete this thread if you wish.