Thread: Skateboard Survival

Default Skateboard Survival

I was out skating in the street the other day and this horrible thing happened... I video taped it so you could feel sympathetic towards me...

I thought you sold it well, in an understated way. I liked the comedy fall at the end as well.

Blog Entries

I couldn't spot the joins, but I'm sure someone will enlighten me. Nice job. I thought the exagerrated arm waving fall spoiled it slightly - I'd have preferred a subtler fall, though I appreciate this might be quite difficult to manage when one's natural tendency is to remain in balance.
    Tim

Thanks guys! As for the joins, I'm not sure what you mean? If you're referring to when 2 clips are joined together, there isn't a join because it truly is all one clip. I combined an actual jump with a little animation and rotoscoped out the figure. I then dropped it on the background plate with the car driving by. I agree the fall didn't come out the way I wanted it... I would've shot it again but the jump came out so well I didn't want to ruin that effect. Plus I didn't really want to faceplant on the concrete

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VexxWARE View Post
    As for the joins, I'm not sure what you mean? If you're referring to when 2 clips are joined together, there isn't a join because it truly is all one clip. I combined an actual jump with a little animation and rotoscoped out the figure.
    That's exactly what I meant, the "joins" around the rotoscoped figure - the evidence of the rotoscoping.
    Tim