Thread: Layout reset

Default Layout reset

Im using Sony Vegas movie studio HD 9.0 and messed up the default layout ..I was advised to use VIEW>WINDOW LAYOUT>DEFAULT LAYOUT but there is no "window layout" in this version.
    I also tried OPTIONS>PREFERENCES>DEFAULT ALL but still no luck , in the end I reinstalled the software and this got me out of trouble but I'm not keen on doing this every time I venture out of my depth and screw things up again. Could some kind soul please show me the quick way to reset the default layout in this version? Thanks .

Your advice of VIEW>WINDOW LAYOUT>DEFAULT LAYOUT is correct. You may need to scroll the View menu to see it, It is the third item on may version (Pro 9) The short cut key to do it is Alt +D,D

Blog Entries

However, this does not reset the positions of some floating windows - Pan and crop being acommon one that people seem to lose. Ofthen this are to be found mistakenly dropped begind the Windows Task Bar or elsewhere really lose to the edge of teh screen.
    Tim

Thanks guys, but none of these worked on the version Im using..however I did eventually find the correct way which only took a minute and would like to share here for any other members who run into the same problem.
    1. Close the program 2. Hold down the CONTROL and SHIFT keys 3. Restart Sony Vegas keeping the control and shift keys depressed until the program has started. A popup will ask if you wish to revert to the original settings, click yes and you will be up and running again.

Bob.

Blog Entries

It's surprising how often this comes up, but the answer is not always easy to find.
    Important note: The Ctrl-Shift+start Vegas method resets everything in Vegas, not just the layouts - be warned.
    Tim

I tried this suggestion, Ctrl+Shift (using keys on the RH) - and it does ask me if I want to restore....but when it launches vegas studio 10, the settings are the same as before.

What I have (now) is the Preview window is on the Right, next to the level-meter(s). . . . but annoyingly it doubles up for Text Editing. In the middle there is a window that does nothing much - it could be Trimmer - which I don't use. On the left the Inputted Media and text effects.

In the past the preview window stayed as preview and if I clicked on the Green spot on Text, the middle window became the Text Editor . . . . if the timeline is on this text, I can see the effect as I change the text parameters . . . did I say this?